Inside Llewyn Davis

 
LLewyn Davis (Oscar Isaac) is at a crossroads. Guitar in tow, huddled against the unforgiving New York winter, he is struggling to make it as a musician against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, some of them of his own making. Living at the mercy of both friends and strangers, scaring up what work he can find, Llewyn's misadventures take him from the baskethouses of the Village to an empty Chicago club on an odyssey to audition for a music mogul and back again.

This is one of those movies that I feel was just way too overhyped by the critics.  I've never been too big of a fan of the Coen Brothers work and it seems like they could take a dump on film and throw it on a screen and critics will say it's one of the best movies of the year.  It's not that I didn't enjoy the movie.  Honestly, I liked this one more than most.  It was a simple movie following one man's struggles.  Was there a point?  Not really?  Was the acting top notch?  Not really.  It was a decent watch about trying to break through in the music business.  That's it.  None of this should have been nominated for best picture nonsense.  I'll never understand the Coen Brothers obsession.

I would somewhat recommend this movie.  It is a decent watch and kept my attention more than I thought it would to be honest.  I didn't find it remotely as great at the critical acclaim its been getting though.  But then again - I rarely do with the Coen Brothers.