The Ten Worst Movies Of 2014

Dishonorable Mention - Dumb And Dumber To
I can't believe that I waited as long as I did for this movie and it was this craptastic.  Especially after the trailer provided such hope.  It is just sad to watch this attempt to recapture one of the funniest movies ever.

10 - Vampire Academy
This is another grasping hope at continuing the Twilight obsession.  Please let go already.  Even trying to inject some humor to the tired formula that has been beaten to death will not help.  Let . . . . . it . . . . . .go.

9 - 3 Days To Kill
Kevin Costner couldn't just do a normal badass hitman movie and try to become Liam Nesson-ish?  They had to add in the whole dad trying to connect with his daughter in a somewhat comical way too?   End result = poop.

8 - Transcendence
How could a movie that looked like Inception starring Johnny Depp be this bad?  Remember when Johnny Depp meant that a movie was automatically awesome?  That ship has clearly sailed and this movie was such a wannabe version of Inception that it was insulting and ended up boring as hell.

7 - Legends Of Oz: Dorothy's Return
There is nothing that I hate more than when studios just throw some crappy animation movie out there that parents will have to bring their kids to and second guess if having the children was worth having to sit through crap like this.  Don't just take the families money.  Give them something to actually watch!

6 - The Grand Budapest Hotel
I'm sorry.  I just don't get Wes Anderson's movies.  I find them repetitive and annoying instead of cinematic masterpieces.  Every year he puts a movie out that ends up on most critics best of the year lists while he is on my worst of list.  

5 - The Legend Of Hercules
Another gratuitous January release of a crappy testosterone movie when nothing else is out to try and scrape up some money.  This was only watchable due to how bad it was.

4 - A Walk Among Tombstones
This is the winner of false advertising of the year.  The movie was advertised as a Taken like movie with Liam Nesson kicking ass and what not.  There was no ass kicking.  He was some sort of a detective and the movie was nothing but him interviewing people.  Not cool.

3 - Son Of God
Is it sacareligious to have this movie on the list?  I really don't care since this movie was so awful.  This movie was so lame that it made the ones from the 70s or 80s about JC that I would have to watch in religion class seem amazing. 

2 - Pompeii
This was a two hour excuse to use special effects to show a volcanic eruption.  That is literally it.  And keep in mind that the eruption doesn't happen until 2/3 or 3/4 through the movie.  It was so painful to get to that point that you actually end up enjoying watching the characters dying.  

1 - A Million Ways To Die In The West
It's so sad to give this the worst of 2014 tag but it went all out to earn it.  I'm a huge fan of Seth McFarlane.  Family Guy is one of my favorite shows.  I loved Ted.  I think the guy is talented as hell.  But this movie was such absolute garbage.  I couldn't even make it through the whole thing.  It's one thing to rely on bathroom humor for laughs but to actually show a man having the shits in a hat will lead to me automatically yelling out loud "I'm out" and heading for the door.