Spy



Susan Cooper (McCarthy) is an unassuming, deskbound CIA analyst, and the unsung hero behind the Agency’s most dangerous missions. But when her partner (Law) falls off the grid and another top agent (Statham) is compromised, she volunteers to go deep undercover to infiltrate the world of a deadly arms dealer, and prevent a global disaster. Written and directed by Paul Feig, the comedy also stars Rose Byrne, Bobby Cannavale, Allison Janney, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, and Miranda Hart.

Let me first say that I am a HUGE fan of Melissa McCarthy.  I think she is honestly one of the funniest people in the world.  That being said - maybe I'm a little biased but I really enjoyed this movie.  She was great.  Jason Statham was hysterical.  Seriously.  I was shocked.  Rose Byrne was great too.  The way that all of them played off McCarthy was so funny on every level.  The action was good.  The pacing was good.  Usually a two hour comedy tends to run out of gas but this movie definitely didn't.

I would absolutely recommend this movie for people looking for a laugh.  It definitely delivers.