The Green Inferno


The Green Inferno, directed, co-written, and produced by Eli Roth (Hostel, Cabin Fever),  follows a group of student activists who travel from New York City to the Amazon to save the rainforest. However, once they arrive in this vast green landscape, they soon discover that they are not alone…and that no good deed goes unpunished.

Eli Roth has further cemented his place in my mind as to why I will never travel out of the country.   Hostel definitely started it and pretty much eliminated all of Europe as far as I'm concerned.   This movie did the same thing for any jungle related part of the world.   This movie was downright nasty at times and it definitely made me think several times about what the hell was wrong with me that I was still watching it.  The graphic violence and grossness was off the charts.  There were ample points to turn the movie off because it really was just a one upper on what would they do next but I pushed through to the end somehow.

Was this a good movie?  No!  Should you see it?  God, no!  I will be wondering why this was ever made for a long time and I still think Eli Roth needs to be on some kind of a watchlist.