The Walk


Twelve people have walked on the moon, but only one man has ever, or will ever, walk in the immense void between the World Trade Center towers. Guided by his real-life mentor, Papa Rudy (Ben Kingsley), and aided by an unlikely band of international recruits, Petit and his gang overcome long odds, betrayals, dissension and countless close calls to conceive and execute their mad plan.

I am speechless at how much I enjoyed this movie.  When I saw the trailer for it my immediate thought was why in the blue hell does that warrant a movie being made.  I saw that Robert Zemeckis was attached to it and thought that I'm sure he will do some great visual things but still - really?  This is a movie that will be worth two hours of my life?  It absolutely was.  I thought that Joseph Gordon-Levitt did a great job and the direction of the movie was done so well that you really get hooked into the story and the plan as it develops and plays out.  I'm actually kind of upset that I watched this movie online and not in theaters.  I can't help but think that this in IMAX or 3D would have been amazing.  Even the bootleg version had me physically tense up at certain shots with how high the tight rope stuff was.  

I would surprisingly recommend that everyone check this movie out.  While it didn't seem like it would be, it is an excellent story and very well directed.