Anomalisa


Charlie Kaufman's first stop-motion film about a man crippled by the mundanity of his life.

This was one weird ass movie.  I only watched it because it had been nominated for Best Animated Film of the year.  Had no idea what it was about or anything.  The stop-motion animation was definitely cool.  The weird thing was seeing it used for regular life.  Usually this would be for a silly over the top animation movie.  But it was just an old man's interactions with people . . . . . and then there was the sex scene.  So weird.  In a strange way it kept your attention just because of that.

I don't know that I would actually recommend anyone checking this out.  It was a very weird watch.  Interesting but weird.  Again - I only watched it because of its nomination and that it showed up online while I had some down time to watch.