Star Wars: The Force Awakens


Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be set 30 years after the events of Return of the Jedi.

Dear JJ Abrams,

You made me instantly fall in love with your new characters.  I cheered out loud when I saw my old friends arrive.  You spared us the nonsensical amount of CGI that the prequels drowned in.  Naysayers will mock that this movie was pretty much a clone of the original Star Wars and in a lot of ways that I'd definitely true.  But I am okay with that.  I actually think that was what was necessary here.  I laughed much more than I expected.  I cried like a little bitch.  I sat on the edge of my seat just like I did with the original trilogy.  You have made the 8 year old boy who has been waiting 32 years for this and the 40 year old man who finally got to see it incredibly happy.  Thank you so very much, sir!

Does it really matter if I recommend this movie or not.  You will all see it regardless and if you don't - shame on you!!!  It was amazing.  Was already a huge JJ Abrams fan but he pretty much has now become a film making God to me.