10 Cloverfield Lane


Of the film, J.J. Abrams says: "The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible." It reportedly follows a girl who, after losing consciousness in a car accident, wakes up in an underground cellar with a man who tells her that the outside world has perished in a nuclear attack.


JJ Abrams is officially this generation's Stephen Spielberg.  I know he didn't direct this, but its just that anything he is involved in turns out to be a great ride.  This movie was no different.  The shrouded in secrecy marketing approach (textbook JJ Abrams at this point) helped to make the viewers not really know what this movie was about.  That became one of the best parts because as you were watching you really had no idea where this was going to go.  And due to how the majority of it took place in an underground bunker with tight confines and what not it led to a non-stop level of suspense where the viewer was pretty much on edge the whole time.  And then the conclusion just keeps you there even more.  I can't really say too much without giving it all away but I didn't fully realize how intense the movie was as a whole until it was over and I was sore or exhausted when I went to get up because I was so tense the whole movie.

I would definitely recommend people checking this movie out.  It was a great watch.  I am sure that there will be people that will knock it for lack of realism at certain points but that is where I say that this is a movie and you need to let go of some of that stuff to enjoy a ride like this one.