Risen


Risen is the epic Biblical story of the Resurrection, as told through the eyes of a non-believer. Clavius (Joseph Fiennes), a powerful Roman Military Tribune, and his aide Lucius (Tom Felton), are tasked with solving the mystery of what happened to Jesus in the weeks following the crucifixion, in order to disprove the rumors of a risen Messiah and prevent an uprising in Jerusalem.

Eh.  That's really all I have to say about this bad boy.  These movies are not and never have been my cup of tea.  Outside of Passion Of The Christ, I really have never been into movies about Jesus.  They all just seem like snoozefests that I would be forced to watch in religion class when I was younger and would struggle to stay awake in the uncomfortable folding chairs.  This movie was really no different for me.  

I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone unless they are really devout Catholics and heard from other devout Catholics that they should see it.  I was pretty much tuned out for most of the movie.