The Angry Birds Movie


In the animated comedy, The Angry Birds Movie, we'll finally find out why the birds are so angry. The movie takes us to an island populated entirely by happy, flightless birds – or almost entirely.  In this paradise, Red (Jason Sudeikis), a bird with a temper problem, speedy Chuck (Josh Gad), and the volatile Bomb (Danny McBride) have always been outsiders. But when the island is visited by mysterious green piggies, it’s up to these unlikely outcasts to figure out what the pigs are up to. 

When I first heard that they were doing this movie, my first thought was that they are about 2-3 years too late.  Then I wondered if the app/game was really worth turning into a movie.  I'm not saying that the movie was great or must see but I will admit that it was not too late to make the movie as the game and all the birds quirks stuck with the adults that played it and the kids are still very much into it.  I will also admit that it was worth turning into a movie.  It actually gave you more of a background to the birds whole story than the game ever did.   

I would sort of recommend people checking this out.  It's not a must see by any means but it was a pretty decent watch and the nieces I took to see it loved it.  It's a decent family trip to the movies to kick off the summer.