Snowden


Oliver Stone, who brought "Platoon," "Born on the Fourth of July," "Wall Street" and "JFK" to the big screen, tackles the most important and fascinating true story of the 21st century. Snowden, the politically-charged, pulse-pounding thriller starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Shailene Woodley, reveals the incredible untold personal story of Edward Snowden, the polarizing figure who exposed shocking illegal surveillance activities by the NSA and became one of the most wanted men in the world. He is considered a hero by some, and a traitor by others. No matter which you believe, the epic story of why he did it, who he left behind, and how he pulled it off makes for one of the most compelling films of the year.

I have to give this review an incomplete for now because out of total exhaustion I passed out like 15 minutes in and woke up with about 15 minutes left.  DAMN YOU, COMFY RECLINING CHAIRS!!!   Anywho, the opening and closing both felt very powerful and I know that I felt hooked by the movie even though I had missed most of the it.  I will reference Wonder Woman's thoughts on the movie for an actual perspective.  She loved it.  She was definitely hooked and is still talking about the movie a couple of days later.  It didn't seem like too much of an Oliver Stone movie in that his usual biases come into play and he is showing a specific perspective.  He definitely provided a much more human side of Snowden than we have seen before and you come away from the movie with a much better understanding of everything that happened.

I would definitely recommend people checking this out . . . . . . including myself again so I can see the whole movie.  WW definitely gives it a big thumbs up and I can't wait for it to show up online so I can finish watching it.