47 Meters Down


On the rebound after a devastating break-up, Lisa (Mandy Moore) is ready for adventure while on vacation in Mexico. Even still, she needs a little extra persuasion when her daring sister Kate (Claire Holt) suggests they go shark diving with some locals. Once underwater in a protective cage, Lisa and Kate catch a once in a lifetime, face-to-face look at majestic Great Whites. But when their worst fears are realized and the cage breaks away from their boat, they find themselves plummeting to the bottom of the seabed, too deep to radio for help without making themselves vulnerable to the savage sharks, their oxygen supplies rapidly dwindling. 

I thought that this was going to be a cheesy single camera type of movie.  Like Paranormal Activity underwater.  They had done one a few years back and I can't remember what it was called.  But it wasn't.  This was actually a pretty decent shark scare movie.  They didn't show you as much I'm sure because of budget reasons but they did a good enough job of building the tension and kept it at a super tight running time of under 90 minutes.

I would kind of recommend people checking this out. It's not a must see by any means but I definitely enjoyed it more than I thought I would.