The Ten Best Movies Of 2017

Honorable mentions:  Wonder Woman, Girls Trip and Beauty & The Beast
Wonder Woman would have been a lock for the top 10 if it were not for the stupid need of DC to overdue the CGI at the end.  Girls Trip was easily the funniest movie of the year.  Beauty & The Beast was by far the best live action remake of Disney since they started doing these a few years back.

10 - Thor: Ragnarok
Always been a huge fan of Marvel movies and even though I liked the Thor movies they were always towards the bottom of the list for Marvel movies.  That changed with this one.  This one was easily the best of the Thor movies and might be the funniest Marvel movie to date.

9 - Baby Driver
I can't tell you when I have ever seen the music in every scene used so well that it was like an extra character.  The action was great too.  This is the type of movies that I'm sure I will rewatch casually when its on over and over for years to come.

8 - The Shape Of Water
The true mark of an excellent fantasy movie is that they hook the audience and make you feel like what you are watching could truly be happening.  This movie was done so well that I would not be surprised to see a fish man as I was walking out of the theater.

7 - The Greatest Showman
This movie had me wanting to jump out of my seat and start dancing along.  The music was awesome and I loved the quick pacing that got you through all the material they wanted to without it taking forever.

6 - IT
Easily one of the best remakes ever.  This version of Pennywise was terrifying and the scene with him in the sewer has to be one of the best scenes at movies this year.

5 - I, Tonya
I never thought I would have laughed as hard at this movie as I did.  All of the acting in this was awesome and Allison Janney gave one of the best performance of the year at Tonya's mother.

4 - Dunkirk
Christopher Nolan delivers again.  Outside of Saving Private Ryan, I don't know of a war movie that has made you feel more like you were there with them.  Add to that the three different timed stories intersecting and its another example of why he is the greatest director of this generation.

3 - Get Out
This movie was equal parts creepy, hysterically funny and filled with social commentary.  I was so uncomfortable watching at times and others terrified from the suspense of what might happen.  The fact that it was made by Jordan Peele only made it that much more impressive.

2 - Spider-Man: Homecoming
I have always been a huge fan of Spidey and this is by far the best movie that they have done to date.  So glad that he is back under the Marvel umbrella.  This movie served as an excellent relaunch of Spider-Man (with Tom Holland being perfectly cast) but also surprised throughout with character twists and surprises.  It also ties into the Marvel timeline perfectly.  I was cheering throughout this movie like a young teenager pumped up to see it.

1 - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
This was easily the most real feeling movie of 2018.  The acting was awesome across the board and even though the subject matter was incredibly dramatic - you laugh from beginning to end because of the sarcasm, wit and delivery from all involved.