The Ten Worst Movies Of 2018

Dishonorable Mention - Maze Runner: The Death Cure
I had read all these books, loved the first one and thought the second one was pretty good.  This last entry just seemed like a throwaway effort and was super disappointing.

10 - A Wrinkle In Time
It really is difficult for Disney to deliver any giant turds at this point with all that huge movies that they are churning out.  2019 looks like its going to be absolutely insane.  But this one was a huge piece of garbage.  And it involved Oprah too!!!  This was massively overdone and never hooked me one bit from beginning to end.

9 - Boo 2: A Madea Halloween
Don't get me wrong.  I somehow still find the Madea character very funny.  It just can't be so often and everyone of her movies is already kind of like a "sequel".  To make an actual sequel to one of the crappiest Madea movies is just a blatant money grab.

8 - Venom
This is proof yet again that Sony needs to just relinquish all rights of the Spider-Man franchise back to Marvel.  This movie was total garbage and even worse considering the quality of actors signed on to it.  I was so annoyed by this movie that I ended up being that guy in the theater that heckles the screen.

7 - Slender Man
Another one of those really lame PG-13 "scary" movies that I basically stop paying attention after like 20 minutes of boredom and annoyance.

6 - Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again
I will never understand what it is about these movies.  I love musicals.  I have always had a tremendous soft spot for them.  I love the majority of the cast in these movies.  The publicity for it was hilarious and I hoped this would be different than the first.  But it wasn't.  I tried but couldn't even make it past like 45 minutes because it just annoys me so much and feels so cartoonishly forced.

5 - Bad Times At The El Royale
There is something that always bothers me about movies that try really really hard to be edgy and different and completely fail.  Like wanna be Tarantino movies kind of.  That is exactly what this movie was and I couldn't even finish it.  Crazy considering the cast in it.

4 - Fifty Shades Freed
Thank god that this franchise is over.  Worst onscreen chemistry I have ever seen and I have never seen a less sexy movie mostly about sex before.  So bad.

3 - A.X.L.
How do movie studios have millions of dollars to make and market movies like this.  It is truly baffling.   Like make this truly pointless movie or feed the country of Ethiopia for months?   How is that a question?

2 -Alpha
What do you get when you have a filmmaker who is clearly just obsessed with amazing cinematography but obviously nothing else?  This movie.  Stick to the National Geographic channel, fella.

1 - Action Point
See my comments about A.X.L. above and add to it the amount of physical harm that people were put in making this bomb of the year.  I was a fan of a lot of the Jackass stuff but trying to put that to an actual story is just a recipe for the worst movie of the year.