Us


A mother (Lupita Nyong’o) and a father (Winston Duke) take their kids to their beach house expecting to unplug and unwind with friends (including Emmy winner Elizabeth Moss from TV series The Handmaid’s Tale). But as night descends, their serenity turns to tension and chaos when some shocking visitors arrive uninvited.

This was one weird, disturbing and massive tension causing movie.  I was legit tense watching it from start to finish.  There were points where I had no clue what was happening.  There were points where I was getting annoyed that I didn't know why things were happening.  There were times where I was laughing and wondering why or if it was okay to be laughing.  But the whole time I was tense.  I also absolutely need to watch this movie again to make sure that I even really took it in right and am not overthinking or anything like that.

This was a very intense and enjoyable watch and very much a movie to talk about afterwards.  Great acting all around and the direction was once again awesome.