The Rise Of Skywalker


"Star Wars: Episode IX" will conclude the third trilogy of Star Wars movies that began with "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" on December 18, 2015 and will continue on December 15 with "Star Wars: The Last Jedi."

I waited a couple of days before posting my thoughts on this one.  I wanted it to digest for a while because the more I thought about The Last Jedi the less I liked it.  Before reviewing this movie its important to point out in retrospect that Disney really screwed the pooch with the three different directors also writing each of their installments plan that they originally had.  It should have been one master script for the whole trilogy and then different director visions.  But making it so Rian Johnson could just alter things that JJ Abrams had set up is one of the dumbest things I've ever witnessed and completely screwed the continuity of this trilogy.  That being said - with JJ coming back for the third one he had to basically do a movie and a half to course correct things from The Last Jedi (and compensate for Carrie Fisher's death) and then make this movie.  Taking that into consideration - I think he did a great job with this movie.  Are there flaws?  Absolutely.  Did they leave too many things up in the air for a "conclusion" chapter?  Absolutely.  But it still felt like a Star Wars movie.  It was a very fun ride and in the end that is the main thing I always want from these.  He did a really good job of getting things reconnected to the plot line and course correcting.  The biggest problem with that was that there was ALOT to cover in this movie and the first 45 minutes or so were pretty much non-stop.  When I looked at my watch and it was only 19 minutes in and my head was spinning with all the different places they had gone already and everything that had happened I was like holy crap.  But it settled down and worked out very well.

I would of course recommend that people see it regardless.  It's Star Wars, people!!!  It's better and more connected to where the story seemed to be going than The Last Jedi.