I Still Believe


The film, a sequel to the surprise indie religious drama I Can Only Imagine, will follow the true-life story of singer-songwriter Jeremy Camp and his father Tom.  

This is one of those those Christian movies and I had no idea.  Saw it was out in theaters, saw that is showed up online, was stuck in the house so figured why not.  Most times I would make it like 30 minutes in and lose any interest in the holier than thou thing that these movies tend to push.  But this was one of the ones that was actually tolerable.  Yes it was completely formula.  Yes it pulled every imaginable heartstring that it could.  But there was good chemistry between the leads and it hooked me.

I would actually somewhat recommend people checking this movie out.  Maybe it is the desperate times that made me like it or the chords it struck in my heart but I was pleasantly surprised.