Onward


The story is set in a world with no humans, only elves, trolls and sprites. The film centers on two teenage elf brothers whose father died when they were too young to remember him. But thanks to the little magic still left in the world, the boys embark on a quest that will allow them a chance to spend one last magical day with their father. In the film, unicorns are so common that they’re considered pests.

I feel like I ask this every time but does Pixar make bad movies (outside of Cars 2)? No.  No they do not.  And this was no different.  This was a very excellently told tale of siblings but in a post fantasy world.  The subtext social commentary was awesome.  The characters were awesome.  There were plenty of a laughs and the pacing was great.  I even got choked up unexpectedly a couple of times.  Gotta love Pixar!   My only knock against this is that you are used to Disney/Pixar characters becoming kind of iconic.  I don't see that happening for these characters as enjoyable as they were.

I would absolutely recommend people checking this out.  Again - Pixar never fails (except for Cars 2 which I will give them a pass for).