The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It


Paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren take on one of the most sensational cases of their careers after a cop stumbles upon a dazed and bloodied young man walking down the road. Accused of murder, the suspect claims demonic possession as his defense, forcing the Warrens into a supernatural inquiry unlike anything they've ever seen before.

I have always been lukewarm at best about this franchise and its spinoffs.   I am all for quality scare spots and there is no shortage of them in the previous Conjuring movies or this one.  My problem is that I find myself only watching them for those.   Like as this franchise has gone on they have tried to make it more about the characters and I'm sorry but I just don't care about them and their character development.  These movies are just about the scares for me.   And this latest entry really went in on the two recurring characters and it very much watered the movie down for me.   Again - there were decent scares and its not a bad watch but character caring is not what these movies are about for me.

I would still recommend that any fan of the franchises check this out and I'm sure that they will enjoy it but if you were on the fence about it all along like I have been, this one continues the decline from movie to movie.