The Matrix Resurrections


Plagued by strange memories, Neo's life takes an unexpected turn when he finds himself back inside the Matrix.

This is a weird one to review.  The original Matrix is one of my favorite movies of all time.  The sequel had quite honestly one of the best long action sequences ever with the freeway scene.  The third one was very enjoyable although I had my issues with it.  I assumed that this movie would just be the fourth sequel but it was more of a reboot kind of.  Like it was weird.   They didn't really step on the gas with it too much and kept it grounded because honestly it played like more of a romance movie.  Like even writing that feels weird.  And all of that is not to say the movie was bad.  I actually liked it for the most part.  I could have done without the long talky talky stuff with the old Jada Pinkett Smith character but I really liked how they set it up.  I really liked the ending.  It just was more of a soft reboot as opposed to being a sequel or like the other Matrix movies.  

I would definitely still recommend people checking this out.  I mean it's a Matrix movie.  It's worth watching alone just because of the visuals.  Just be prepared that it's very different from the other Matrix movies.