West Side Story


Love at first sight strikes when young Tony spots Maria at a high school dance in 1957 New York City. Their burgeoning romance helps to fuel the fire between the warring Jets and Sharks -- two rival gangs vying for control of the streets.

This one is a little tough to review.  It was very excellently made.  Spielberg's camera work and using the background setting as a character in pretty much every shot was beyond top notch.  The performances were all great.  The singing and choreography were all great too.  I just have never been that big of a fan of the story.  I was hoping that maybe this would help me like it more but it didn't.  

Again - I would still recommend people checking it out because it is an incredibly well done movie.  Don't let my lack of enjoyment of the story be a downer.