The Black Phone


Finney Shaw is a shy but clever 13-year-old boy who's being held in a soundproof basement by a sadistic, masked killer. When a disconnected phone on the wall starts to ring, he soon discovers that he can hear the voices of the murderer's previous victims -- and they are dead set on making sure that what happened to them doesn't happen to Finney.

This movie was awesome.  I had a hunch from the trailer - which terrified the hell out of me but the movie wasn't just another horror movie with a good premise that doesn't deliver.  Even with some supernatural elements involved this movie was very grounded in fear or those things that were pushed on all of us as a child.  Ethan Hawke killed it as The Grabber and I was very happy that even thought I jumped out of my chair several times that it didn't mess me up so much that I couldn't sleep that night.  

I would definitely recommend people checking this movie out.  It was an awesome watch all around and very well done.