Back To Black


Singer Amy Winehouse's tumultuous relationship with Blake Fielder-Civil inspires her to write and record the groundbreaking album "Back to Black."

This was surprisingly a pretty good musical biopic movie.  For these kinds of movies with me its always the balance of was there that big of a need/demand for this movie plus does it go deep enough into the subject material or does it gloss over.  Finally, the performances of the musical figures has to be great.   On this one I didn't really see the need for a movie about Amy Winehouse but it did a really good job of showing her spiral and not just glossing over stuff.  And the actress playing her did a great job.  I liked her from a previous show I had seen her on and hopefully this movie can put her more on the map.

I would actually recommend people checking this movie out.  It was a surprisingly good watch.