Alien: Romulus


Space colonizers come face to face with the most terrifying life-form in the universe while scavenging the deep ends of a derelict space station.

I have not left a movie theater this annoyed in a long time.   The first two Alien movies are probably two of my favorite movies ever.   Both so well done for very different reasons.  There have been like 5 attempts since then and while some were good and some were bad I had just kind of accepted franchise fatigue.  The trailer for this one came out and I was like OH DAMN!  It finally looked like in the league of the original two.   I didn't even know this but this movie actually takes place after the original timeline wise and was full of very well done nostalgia.   And the movie was SO GOOD as it was going along.  They did an amazing job with the face hugger scenes.  They did an amazing job of the actual alien from chest busting to the actual alien.  And it was all legit stuff with no CGI.  Was loving it.  They did this awesome scene built off the continuity of the aliens blood being acid that was great.  I was ready to put this movie right up there with the first two.  I was psyched to go home and rewatch them too.  But then the movie didn't end.  Like it could have.  Easily.  They are at like an hour and 40 minutes I think.  Would have been great.  But it had to go an extra 15 minutes with a completely nonsensical twist that completely ruined the movie.  I legit sat there for the last 15-20 minutes just shaking my head and saying this is trash over and over again.  So beyond massively disappointed.  

I would recommend people seeing all the greatness of like the first 4/5 of the movie and then leaving.  It will then be an awesome watch.  But if you finish the movie it is a totally wasted effort and a textbook example of knowing when to end your movie.