Dead Silence

Newlyweds Jamie (Kwanten) and Lisa Ashen have established a new life for themselves far from their hometown of Ravens Fair--a sleepy, near-forgotten blip on the map haunted by late-night whispers and ghost stories from generations past. But when his wife is gruesomely murdered, Jamie reluctantly returns to Ravens Fair for the funeral, intent on unraveling the mystery surrounding her death. Once back under his family's roof, reunited with his ill father (Gunton) and his father's new young bride (Valletta), Jamie begins to explore the creepy town and encounters the legend of Mary Shaw, a famous murdered ventriloquist whose presence still casts a pall over Ravens Fair. Himself the lead suspect in his wife's murder, Jamie is forced to dig deep into the town's bloody past for answers, where he soon uncovers the truth behind the curse that ended Lisa's life...and threatens to take his as well.

The preview for this movie was the scariest thing I've seen since The Grudge. I was literally afraid of the preview. I had super high expectations for the movie because of this, and I'd have to say that the movie didn't really meet them. However, the movie was still plenty good enough for me to have loved it. That's a pretty rare occurance and I must give kudos to the filmmakers for being able to pull that off. There were plenty of moments in the movie that made both WW and I jump or cover our eyes because let's be honest people that there are few things scarier than creepy old people and creepy dolls.

I fully recommend people checking this out . . . . . especially horror buffs. The best part is the last five minutes when it all ties together. I actually want to go see this again because of that.