Reign Over Me

In Reign Over Me, two former college roommates Charlie Fineman (Adam Sandler) and Alan Johnson (Don Cheadle) run into each other years later and rekindle their friendship. Charlie, who recently lost his wife and children in 9/11, has retreated from his life, while Alan is overwhelmed by his family and professional responsibilities. Their chance meeting becomes a lifeline for Charlie and Alan, both of whom are in need of a trusted friend at this pivotal moment in their lives.

This was a very heartwarming movie. I have never remotely thought of Adam Sandler as a legit actor, but he was great in this one. I would have loved to just cut his mop of a hairdo, but I digress. Don Cheadle was also great, but when is that man not awesome? This movie really did a great job of showing how something as traumatic as 9/11 can hit people and effect those around him that are trying to help. The other two things that I really liked about this movie was the music and the shots of Manhattan. When used right, music can make you actually feel like you are a part of a movie and I love when that happens. It usually makes me come home and download a bunch of the songs. The shots of Manhattan while Adam Sandler was riding around on his Go-ped were phenomenal. They were done so well that I remembered the last time I had walked past that particular spot.

I would fully recommend this movie to everyone. Unfortunately, it didn't open too wide and probably won't be out that long so checking it out of video might be a little more realistic.