Dan In Real Life

Advice columnist Dan Burns (Steve Carell) is an expert on relationships, but somehow struggles to succeed as a brother, a son and a single parent in this heartfelt comedy.

I went in to this movie with some pretty moderate expectations. It seemed like the type of movie that had some funny things in the commercial but would inevitably spiral in to a drama that you totally weren't looking for by going to check this out. However, I was dead wrong. This movie was great. As for the comedy part of it - there were four or five scenes in this that had me laughing so hard I was crying. The family dynamics portrayed in this movie were great and even though you didn't get the chance to see them all develop individually, their interaction with the Steve Carell character was priceless. Steve Carell was spot on as always. He really is evolving in to a phenomenal all around actor. I truly enjoyed this movie.

I strongly recommend everyone checking this movie out. Its a great family movie and has some huge laughs.