The Bucket List

Corporate billionaire Edward Cole (Jack Nicholson) and working class mechanic Carter Chambers (Morgan Freeman) are worlds apart. At a crossroads in their lives, they share a hospital room and discover they have two things in common: a desire to spend the time they have left doing everything they ever wanted to do and an unrealized need to come to terms with who they are. Together they embark on the road trip of a lifetime, becoming friends along the way and learning to live life to the fullest, with insight and humor. Each adventure adds another check to their list.

This movie was a blatant heartstrings movie. They pulled no punches in trying to make you cry your eyes out. However, I absolutely loved it! I'm usually a sucker for movies like this and this movie was no different. I found myself genuinely caring for Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Even though I knew Morgan Freeman leaving his wife and family for months and the things that these two guys did (skydiving and car racing) and the places they went (the top of an Egyptian pyramid? mountain climging?) while having 6 months to live from cancer were totally unrealistic and insanely far fetched, I didn't care. I really enjoyed watching their friendship grow and was crying like a little girl at the end of the movie. Granted, my emotional state had a lot to do with mine and WW's snarfing incident and some tears being from an insane giggle fit at the most gut wrenchingly sad moment of the movie, there were still genuine tears of sadness because of watching these well developed characters pass on at the end of the movie.

I'd recommend this movie to everyone . . . . . as long as you can handle the crazy sadness that you get hit with at the end of this movie.