Cloverfield

Five young New Yorkers throw their friend a going-away party the night that a monster the size of a skyscraper descends upon the city. Told from the point of view of their video camera, the film is a document of their attempt to survive the most surreal, horrifying event of their lives.

I'm not really sure what to think of this movie. Part of me wishes that it wasn't done on the personal video camera with all of the running and shakiness. But then I realize that this would be nothing more than a weak version of War Of The Worlds. Part of me realizes that what gives the movie its edge is the fact that its filmed Blair Witch style and it really was well done considering it had such a small budget. There were definite parts of the movie where I found myself tensed up and then there were times where I felt that the camera work totally took away from the movie. I can easily see how a lot of people are going to see this and think that it sucked because of there being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much hype for it. I find myself thinking that the movie was good. It wasn't great. It wasn't bad. Its kind of locked in between.

I'd recommend people checking this out. Just try to keep your expectations in check. If you are the type of person that gets sick from watching home videos with all the motion though stay far far away from this movie.