The Incredible Hulk

The Incredible Hulk is one of the most popular superheroes of all time. In this new beginning, scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) desperately hunts for a cure to the gamma radiation that poisoned his cells and unleashes the unbridled force of rage within him: The Hulk. Living in the shadows--cut off from a life he knew and the woman he loves, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler)--Banner struggles to avoid the obsessive pursuit of his nemesis, General Thunderbolt Ross (William Hurt), and the military machinery that seeks to capture him and brutally exploit his power. As all three grapple with the secrets that led to The Hulk's creation, they are confronted with a monstrous new adversary known as The Abomination (Tim Roth), whose destructive strength exceeds even The Hulk's own.

This movie was everything that the other Hulk movie was supposed to be. Few movies have ever inspired more anger in me than the other Hulk. The Hulk was always one of my favorite comic book characters. I loved the show, I read the comic, and I still wore Hulk tshirts as a grown man. I was that guy. The original Hulk crushed me. I still can't believe that his big fight scene was against a rabid french f'n poodle. When I heard that they were making this - I wouldn't allow myself to get excited. I thought that it was way too soon after the giant turd that broke my heart came out. I heard that Ed Norton was going to play Bruce Banner and I still wouldn't let myself get excited. I saw the preview where Tim Roth looked like the ultimate bad ass soldier and I still wouldn't let myself get too excited. Just during the opening credits of this movie - I could tell that this was going to be exciting. This was going to be exactly what I wanted to see. The opening credits had shout outs to Nick Fury and Tony Stark and they showed you in a non-drawn out way how he had become the Hulk. It was just like the tv show used to be and the movie opened with Bruce Banner hiding out in Brazil. I felt like a ten year old kid all over again. It was awesome. I didn't even care that I didn't see the Hulk for almost the first hour or so. The cameos of Lou Ferigno and Stan Lee were awesome. The casting was top notch. Edward Norton, William Hurt and especially Tim Roth all put forth great performances. The action scenes had my jaw hanging open. As if all of that wasn't enough, there was the one final scene kind of like that one at the end of Iron Man that leaves you dying to see The Avengers. The way that they are marketing this thing three years in advance is off the charts amazing. Marvel as a production company might be the best thing that has ever happened to kick ass summer blockbusters since Spielberg in his prime.

I recommend everyone go and check this bad boy out. It is an absolute must see. Thank you so much, Marvel for making this movie and fixing the massive mistake from a couple of years ago.