Meet Dave

Dave Ming Chang (Eddie Murphy), newly arrived in New York City, may be the ultimate fish out of water. There's something about him that's not quite right – for starters, he seems remarkably out of place and uncomfortable in his own body. And for good reason. Dave is not a man at all, but a ship made in the image of its miniature-sized captain.

Although I found myself laughing a lot at some of the earlier scenes in this movie - this is definitely one of the dumbest movies ever made. We're talking Howard The Duck, Leonard Part 6 and The Adventures Of Pluto Nash type dumb, people! I can't even begin to understand how this movie was ever made in the first place. Did Eddie Murphy really look at the script and say "So I'll be the captain of a space ship that will also be me and I get to poop out money at one point too? Where do I sign?" Seriously? Its just ludicrous to think of the millions of dollars spent on something this ridiculous. Again - I definitely laughed at a bunch of scenes in this movie, but I laughed at scenes in the aforementioned historically dumb movies too. That doesn't mean that the movies are not eternally enshrined as Hollywood's biggest jokes.

I wouldn't recommend anyone ever seeing this. Actually, that's wrong. I do recommend that everyone see this at some point. I wouldn't go running to the theater to waste my time and money, but this is one of those movies that is so bad - everyone should check it out just to get that jaw on the floor at how dumb this movie is feeling.