Paranormal Activity 2

Made for about $15,000, Paranormal Activity became a box office sensation as it earned $194 million worldwide.

The first movie was one of the creepiest movie going experiences ever. It stuck with me for awhile. When I heard about the sequel I figured it would be total garbage a la The Blair Witch Project 2. How would they remotely be able to recapture that psychological creepiness? Shockingly, they did. The answer is involve a toddler and SPOILER ALERT . . . . . have this movie take place side by side the first one with the two characters from the first one in this as well. The timeline of this movie takes place before, during and after the first one. It's got the same freaky build up, the same scanning the screen feeling for things going wrong and the same quick scene frak outs as the first one. The only knock that I can make on this movie is that they cast someone that I have seen in acting roles before as the mom. It took away from the whole "did this really happen feeling".

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who enjoyed the first one. You will surprisingly not be disappointed.