Due Date

Peter Highman (Robert Downey Jr.) is an expectant first-time father whose wife's due date is a mere five days away. As Peter hurries to catch a flight home from Atlanta to be at her side for the birth, his best intentions go completely awry when a chance encounter with aspiring actor Ethan Tremblay (Zach Galifianakis) forces Peter to hitch a ride with Ethan--on what turns out to be a cross-country road trip that will ultimately destroy several cars, numerous friendships and Peter's last nerve.

This is one of those movies where a track record leads to funny movies not being funny enough. Todd Phillips was doomed the second that Hangover was that funny. No matter what he churned out after that, there was no way he would be able to capture the same level or top the level of hilarity in that movie. I have always liked this guys movies. Old School is probably one of my favorite comedies of all time and Road Trip is one of those under the radar movies that I will still laugh my a$$ off watching parts of randomly on cable. All of that being said, I still enjoyed Due Date. The two guys played very well off of each other and there were some huge laughs. Unfortunately, I expected a lot more laughs and most of the really good stuff was ruined by the trailer.

Again, this isn't a bad movie. Its super short, there are huge laughs, and I definitely enjoyed it. Just be warned to not have your expectations as high as I did and you can avoid being disappointed.