In Time



  • In a future where time is literally money, and aging stops at 25, the only way to stay alive is to earn, steal, or inherit more time. Will Salas lives life a minute at a time, until a windfall of time gives him access to the world of the wealthy, where he teams up with a beautiful young heiress to destroy the corrupt system.

  • Rules of a great sci-fi movie . . . . . 1 - Make believe that the alternate world could be true. Check. 2 - Have a philosophical theme that could be applied to our actual world. Check. 3 - Have characters that are developed enough that I care about them and/or root for them. Check. I loved this movie because of the above three factors. It was a great ride. It was a smart ride. And even though it was a sci-fi movie the underlying philosophy of the rich being more important than the expendable poor was a great kick to the face of those of us watching whether you be rich or poor. And I really hate to admit this but I guess that I now like Justin Timberlake. I really didn't want to. Damn him. But he plays a great "hero" in this movie about hope and living each day like it's your last.

  • I strongly recommend everyone checking this out. It's a fun, fast, sci-fi movie and one of my favorites of the year.