Paranormal Activity 3




  • The third film is being envisioned as an origin story set in the 1980s that will detail how the "activity" began.

  • I'm a huge fan of these movies. The first two scared the hell out of me and I was shocked at how good the continuity was from the first to the second and that it wasn't just another ghost story but instead an evolving story. Now comes this third one that is a prequel of what happened to the sister from 1 and the sister from 2 when they were kids that led to those two movies. This movie was not as creepy and psychological as the first two. The first two legitimately made me lose sleep. This one was by far the scariest of the three though. There were a LOT more scenes that make you jump. As opposed to the first two where it was just tension build up to the last holy $hit 10-15 minutes, this one had moments like that throughout and then the crazy holy $hit last 15 minutes. The use of a rotating camera by hooking it up to an oscillating fan made those scenes beyond unnerving to watch. And once again the overall story evolving was great.

  • I loved this movie. I have loved all three of them. I am extremely grateful though that this one had more of a less psychological fear installation because I was able to sleep last night. Scary as hell but not as scarring.