J. Edgar


J. Edgar explores the public and private life of one of the most powerful, controversial and enigmatic figures of the 20th century. As the face of law enforcement in America for almost fifty years, J. Edgar Hoover (DiCaprio) was feared and admired, reviled and revered. But behind closed doors, he held secrets that would have destroyed his image, his career and his life.

The first thing I have to say is that the makeup job on older J Edgar and company is one of the worst I've ever seen. It looked so fake. Very lame. That being said, this was a pretty decent movie. Good performances by the whole cast and there was really good back and forth between past and present and through lots of historical cases. One thing I absolutely am not is a history buff so at no point was I wrapped up in the accuracy of any of it. I just enjoyed watching this very complex character work through his sexuality, obsessiveness and awkwardness.

I would recommend people checking this out. Again, I'm not sure how much history buffs might be bothered by its accuracy levels but I enjoyed it enough to watch the whole thing.