The Five-Year Engagement


Beginning where most romantic comedies end, The Five-Year Engagement looks at what happens when an engaged couple, Jason Segel and Emily Blunt, keeps getting tripped up on the long walk down the aisle.

I really enjoy both Jason Segel and Emily Blunt.  Their chemistry in this movie didn't seem forced whatsoever.  Their comedy providing best friends were also awesome.  I love them both from their work on Community and Parks & Recreation.  The laughs were great.  The story was well told and entertaining.  There is a definite hook that makes you care about both characters and understand what they are going through.  The only problem with this movie - and it's unfortunately a big on - is that the movie is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long and you absolutely feel it.  If they could have cut this down to about 90 minutes or paced it a little better, I probably would have loved it.

I would still recommend people checking this out.  Like I said, I really enjoyed the story and characters but I felt like I was sitting there for the full five years.  Although, as I say that - does that mean that they did a really god job of making you take the journey with the two characters?   Mmmmmmm . . . . . interesting.