Broken City


Billy Taggart (Mark Wahlberg) has a promising career as a New York City cop until the night he is involved in a controversial shooting. Stripped of his badge, but kept out of jail by New York's popular Mayor (Russell Crowe), he re-makes himself as a private investigator.  Times are tough, and when the mayor offers Billy $50,000 to investigate the First Lady's (Catherine Zeta Jones) extra-marital activities, it seems like a straight forward payday. Unfortunately, it quickly becomes apparent that the Mayor is not at all what he seems, and for Billy to achieve redemption he will have to risk everything -- possibly even his freedom.

I was kind of bored in this movie.  It's not that it was a bad movie, there just wasn't a quality emotional hook that made me care at all about what the characters were going through.  Without that emotional hook, this is one of those movies where you are just kind of watching it play out.  And since you are well aware of how it will all turn out - it just made it that much more not too interesting for me.

I wouldn't really recommend people checking this out.  Maybe I'm wrong and there just wasn't an emotional connection for me and there might be for others. I was pretty bored though.