The Quiet Ones

 
A university student (Sam Claflin) and some classmates are recruited to carry out a private experiment -- to create a poltergeist. Their subject: an alluring, but dangerously disturbed young woman (Olivia Cooke).  Their quest: to explore the dark energy that her damaged psyche might manifest. As the experiment unravels along with their sanity, the rogue PHD students are soon confronted with a terrifying reality: they have triggered an unspeakable force with a power beyond all explanation.

I was surprised at how I liked this movie.  I wouldn't say I loved it or go raving about it.  But after being disappointed time after time by PG-13 scary movies I expect them to all suck.  So by not sucking like the others, I ended up liking this one.  It was paced well and short enough that it keeps your attention.  There was good tension and enough jump causing moments instead of lame predictable crap that feels very forced.

I would somewhat recommend people checking this out.  It's not a must see by any means but it is better than most of the recent similar fare that have rolled into theaters.