How To Train Your Dragon 2


The thrilling second chapter of the epic How to Train Your Dragon story returns to the fantastical world of the heroic Viking Hiccup and his faithful dragon Toothless. The inseparable duo must protect the peace – and save the future of men and dragons from the power-hungry Drago. 

I don't know that I will ever have more of an emotional attachment to a movie or movies like I do to the How To Train Your Dragon movies.  Toothless is literally an animated dragon version of my cat J.  The relationship between him and Hiccup is a carbon copy of the relationship I had with J.  J and I used to watch the first movie all the time.  We had to put him to sleep almost 4 months ago and to say that I have not been the same since is beyond an understatement.  I have been equally looking forward to this movie and dreading it at the same time.  It didn't disappoint on either front.  The movie was just as amazingly animated as the first one.  You still enjoy the wide cast of characters and their dragons.  The story is well done and paced excellently.  There are emotional hooks galore in this movie about the importance of friends and family.  And there is the amazing friendship and loyalty between Hiccup and Toothless.  I was bawling my eyes numerous times throughout the movie and the way it played out served as the most amazing recognition of honor for my dearly departed best friend. 

I'm sorry if this post seems like more of a eulogy than a movie review.  That's the emotional attachment I have to these movies taking over.  This movie will be just as enjoyable as the first one was for movie goers and if like me you love and appreciate the bond between Hiccup and Toothless - it just gets even better.