Inferno


Ron Howard returns to direct the latest bestseller in Dan Brown’s (Da Vinci Code) billion-dollar Robert Langdon series, Inferno, which finds the famous symbologist (again played by Tom Hanks) on a trail of clues tied to the great Dante himself. When Langdon wakes up in an Italian hospital with amnesia, he teams up with Sienna Brooks (Felicity Jones), a doctor he hopes will help him recover his memories. Together, they race across Europe and against the clock to foil a deadly global plot.

I've read all the books in the Robert Langdon series.  This one was one of the easier to read ones but wasn't too high on the suspense.  I could see things coming way before they panned out.  I figured that would lead to a pretty dull movie.  I was wrong.  The movie made some tweaks here and there to make it a much more flowable movie and to actually have surprises and what not.  Unfortunately, they also changed the ending of the book - which was my favorite part.  They made it more of a cut and dry type of situation and lost the philosophical not so happy ending from the book.  Regardless - it was a decent watch and I would say it was better than Angels & Demons but not as good as The Da Vinci Code.

I would somewhat recommend people checking this out.  It's not bad but it's not a must see by any means.  Fans of the book will probably feel the same way that I outlined above.