Isle Of Dogs


When, by executive decree, all the canine pets of Megasaki City are exiled to a vast garbage-dump called Trash Island, 12-year-old Atari sets off alone in a miniature Junior-Turbo Prop and flies across the river in search of his bodyguard-dog, Spots. There, with the assistance of a pack of newly-found mongrel friends, he begins an epic journey that will decide the fate and future of the entire Prefecture.

This was a very strange movie.  Pretty much all of Paul Anderson's movies are.  They are usually a very acquired taste even with all of the acting talent involved and I tend to not like too many of them.  For some strange reason I was able to enjoy this one.  I don't know if it was the story line or the very clever and entertaining form of animation - but I did kind of like it.  That being said - I really can't just openly recommend this to peeps because it really was a weird movie.

If you like Paul Anderson's quirkiness, I would recommend you check this movie out.  It is a decent and original watch with a lot of really great voice talents being contributed to it.  This is not by any means a mainstream movie offering though.