Life Of The Party


When her husband suddenly dumps her, longtime and dedicated housewife Deanna turns regret into reset by going back to college. Unfortunately, Deanna winds up at the same school as her less-than-thrilled daughter. Plunging headlong into the campus experience, the outspoken new student soon begins a journey of self-discovery while fully embracing all of the fun, freedom and frat boys that she can handle.

Let me preface my review by saying that I love Melissa McCarthy.  There is something about her that I just find absolutely hilarious.  That being said - even my enjoyment of her was not necessarily enough to carry this movie alone and that really was all that it had.  Outside of her talents and Maya Rudolph providing some funny but sporadic laughs, this movie ends up being just kind of there.  Honestly, it could have been so much funnier than it was.  I'm not saying it's bad because there are some very good laughs but not enough and you feel the movie dragging even though its really not that long.  

I would sort of recommend people checking this out.  It's not a must see by any means.  You could wait and see this due to the not high enough level of laughs contained within it.