Disaster Movie

Disaster Movie follows the comic misadventures of a group of twenty-somethings during one fateful night as they try to make their way to safety while every known natural disaster and catastrophic event - asteroids, twisters, earthquakes, the works – hits the city and their path as they try to solve a series of mysteries to end the rampant destruction. Taking aim at everything and everyone, from Indiana Jones and Iron Man to Amy Winehouse and High School Musical, Disaster Movie lampoons the blockbuster movie, pop culture icons and public figures along the way.

I admit that I have a problem. Anyone reading this is going to think why in the blue hell would he have even bothered to go see that. Please understand that I am a registered movie junkie who pretty much sees any movie that makes it to theaters. If I miss them, I make sure to see them as soon as they come out on video. Its also all free. In the last 10 years I've paid for maybe 6 movies. No cost + admitted addiction = seeing movies like Disaster Movie no matter how atrocious the preview makes them look. Now that I've gotten that out there, this movie was surprisingly not as tough to sit through as I expected. Granted, I had lower than the bottom of the barrel expectations for this movie so I'm sure that swayed my opinion of it a bit. It is definitely a horrible movie as are all of these overdone spoof movies. One every 3 or 4 years would be good. 3 - 4 a year is just plain out of control. But this one made me laugh out loud a couple of times. The spoofs on High School Musical, Enchanted, Step Up, and Alvin & The Chipmunks all had me going.

Even though I laughed quite a bit more than I thought I would - I can't bring myself to actually recommend this movie to anyone. It was a really bad movie, but if you tend to like spoof movies - this is one of the better ones by comparison to the recent releases. Thats really not saying much though.