Tropic Thunder

Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr. lead an ensemble cast in Tropic Thunder, an action comedy about a group of self-absorbed actors who set out to make the most expensive war film. After ballooning costs force the studio to cancel the movie, the frustrated director refuses to stop shooting, leading his cast into the jungles of Southeast Asia, where they encounter real bad guys.

I can't believe how funny this movie was. I was beyond shocked. I thought at best it would be somewhat funny, but I was laughing out loud for most of this movie. Robert Downey Jr. was beyond awesome and I can't stress enough how happy I am to see him back in the mainstream. I haven't seen an actor return from the dead like he has this summer since John Travolta with Pulp Fiction. Jack Black played really well off of everyone else and Ben Stiller was a lot funnier than he usually is. The absolute best part of this movie was Tom Cruise. Yes that's right. Tom Cruise. He is in this movie and plays an obnoxious, bald, hairy, film producer. It is possibly the best career movie I've ever witnessed in my entire life. He was by far and away the best and funniest part of this movie. This movie might have the best credit sequence I've ever seen.

I fully recommend that everyone check this one out. In terms of comedies, I give this the must see stamp.