Star Wars: The Clone Wars

As the Clone Wars sweep through the galaxy, the heroic Jedi Knights struggle to maintain order and restore peace. More and more systems are falling prey to the forces of the dark side as the Galactic Republic slips further and further under the sway of the Separatists and their never-ending droid army. Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan learner Ahsoka Tano find themselves on a mission with far-reaching consequences, one that brings them face-to-face with crime lord Jabba the Hutt. But Count Dooku and his sinister agents, including the nefarious Asajj Ventress, will stop at nothing to ensure that Anakin and Ahsoka fail at their quest. Meanwhile, on the front lines of the Clone Wars, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Master Yoda lead the massive clone army in a valiant effort to resist the forces of the dark side.

Star Wars has been like a religion to me for most of my life. Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi have always been and will always be my three favortie movies of all time. To this day - I will still stop whatever I'm doing if I happen to catch any of them as I'm flipping through the channels. I couldn't wait to see the three prequels and believe it or not I left each one of them absolutely loving them . . . . . . warts and all. It wasn't until it came to repeated viewings of the prequels that I realized how poopish they really were. Regardless, I wasn't willing to write off the genius that was George Lucas. I know that his legacy was dented but I was still proud to call myself a die hard fan. Then I saw this gigantic turd. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is obviously a kids movie with it being animated and what not. Essentially its a saturday morning cartoon. The first problem is that its basically a saturday morning cartoon . . . . . . . for girls. The new character that they introduce, Anakin's female padawan, is basically the central character of the movie and is so beyond annoying that those who hated Jar Jar might end up putting him on par with Darth Maul in terms of coolness compared to her. The second problem is that their mission is to protect Jabba's "huttling" that they keep referring to as Stinky. I'm not joking. It was absurd. The third and biggest problem was the introduction of Jabba's uncle Zero - who is portrayed as flamboyantly gay. Again - not kidding. I just sort of sat there with my mouth wide open and the what the hell look on my face. This movie was totally horrible and George Lucas should honestly be ashamed of himself for associating the unequivocable greatness that is the original Star Wars trilogy with this crapola.

I woulnd't recommend anyone seeing this. Little kids will absolutely love it but it is just downright painful for those of us who grew up with the REAL Star Wars to sit through.