The Rocker

The Rocker tells the story of a failed, over-the-hill drummer who gets a second chance at fame. Robert "Fish" Fishman is the extremely dedicated and astoundingly passionate drummer for the eighties hair band Vesuvius who is living the rock 'n' roll dream until he is unceremoniously kicked out of the group. Unfortunately for Fish, this happens right before Vesuvius becomes one of the biggest bands in the world. Fish is then forced to get a 'real' job and abandon his dream until an unlikely opportunity arises. Twenty years after getting booted out of the band he helped create, just when Fish has finally given up hope, all of his wildest fantasies come true.

I am a huge fan of Raiin Wilson from The Office. The character of Dwight that he plays is one of the best, if not the number one, character on television. If you aren't watching - you REALLY should be. I was somewhat excited about this movie even though it looked so stupid from the trailers just because I wanted to see what he could do without the rest of the awesome Office cast around him. I didn't have super high expectations because the movie did look absolutely absurd. However, I ended up being pleasantly surprised. This was by no means a good movie. Its actually a pretty bad one. That being said - I enjoyed it. It was totally formula and ridiculous but I found myself rooting for Fish and his new band to make it big. There was some big laughs and I found Fish's insane amount of sweating hilarious because I have the same problem. This is probably what you could call a guilty pleasure movie.

Even though I liked the movie - I can't say that I would all out recommend it to everyone. If you are looking for some laughs and don't have high expectations - go and check it out. Honesty, you'd probably be better off waiting for rental though.