City Of Ember

For generations, the people of the City of Ember have flourished in an amazing world of glittering lights. But Ember's once powerful generator is failing... and the great lamps that illuminate the city are starting to flicker. Now, two teenagers in a race against time, must search Ember for clues that will unlock the ancient mystery of the city's existence, and help the citizens escape before the lights go out forever.

I'm usually a huge fan of fantasy world movies like this. The Dark Crystal is one of my favorite movies of all time. If you've never seen it - you shouldn't be watching anything else until you do. Unfortunately, City Of Ember fell pretty flat. It wasn't horrible - it was actually quite watchable. I just wish that they would have put a little more umph in to the movie. It lacked that inspirational heart that fantasy movies like this thrive on. I found myself not fully invested in the two main characters and their venture of trying to save Ember. These movies are also very dependent on the main villain and although I have always been a HUGE Bill Murray fan, he was completely miscast in this movie and never really got the chance to make his villainous role memorable in any way.

I wouldn't really recommend anyone rushing to check this out. Its watchable but not great and can totally wait for rental.