Nights In Rodanthe

Adrienne Willis (Diane Lane), a woman with her life in chaos, retreats to the tiny coastal town of Rodanthe, in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, to tend to a friend's inn for the weekend. Here she hopes to find the tranquility she so desperately needs to rethink the conflicts surrounding her—a wayward husband who has asked to come home, and a teenaged daughter who resents her every decision. Almost as soon as Adrienne gets to Rodanthe, a major storm is forecast and Dr. Paul Flanner (Richard Gere) arrives. The only guest at the inn, Flanner is not on a weekend escape but rather is there to face his own crisis of conscience. Now, with the storm closing in, the two turn to each other for comfort and, in one magical weekend, set in motion a life-changing romance that will resonate throughout the rest of their lives.

This movie is exactly what you expected from the preview. Its a way over dramatic sobfest that any woman looking for a good cry will love. Unfortunately, I am not a woman - nor do I look for good cries so I wasn't that in to the movie. I can usually find these types of movies somewhat enjoyable as long as their is at least a legit connection between the romantic leads. I enjoyed The Notebook. I enjoyed A Walk To Remember. I enjoyed Return To Me. Why am I openly admitting these things? Anywho, I was able to enjoy these movies because the leads had a great chemistry and that made the overdramatic dead weight more bearable. Unfortunately, I wasn't really feeling that with Richard Gere and Diane Lane. Honestly, the best part of this movie was that it was filmed near my future brother in law's house so I saw many sights near his house that I was familiar with and my future niece is actually an extra in the movie and you can see her running around Richard Gere in the opening ferry scene. That stuff rocked. The rest of the movie . . . . . not so much.

I wouldn't really recommend this movie too much. I'm sure that most women will like it but its not even a good date movie. Its really over the top and extremely sad.