Bruno

Sacha Baron Cohen's gay Austrian supermodel Bruno comes to the big screen with similar hijinks and celebrity interviews as seen on "Da Ali G Show."

The first thing that I can't help but wonder after seeing this movie is how in the blue hell it didn't get a NC-17 rating. I mean really . . . . . a penis speaks after spinning and slapping about. I would think that would be the bottom line guideline in terms of rating. Its inevitable that this movie will constantly be compared to Borat, which I absolutely loved (and as a bit of a history lesson was the movie that started this blog site people. Show the love!), so I'll go on record as saying that I didn't find this movie nearly as funny as Borat. Don't get me wrong, there were some really big laughs in it. Unfortunately, this movie played a hell of a lot more like that one "oh my god - why am I watching this" scene from Borat with the naked wrestling and running. 3/4 of this movie are more scenes like that. I found the other 1/4 very funny but really wasn't too entertained by the over pushing of the rest of the movie.

I can't really recommend that anyone see this not. This is one of those movies where you really have to know who you are recommending it to before doing so. I know people that would love this movie and I know people that would think I was out of my mind if I told them to see it. Just be forewarned that this movie is beyond raunchy in a full frontal male nudity kind of way and see at your own risk.